Tuesday, May 29, 2007

http://teachersfirst.com/par-esl.cfm

Teachers first is a very valuable tool. I have used it in some of my early childhood classes, such as EC 2950-Technology and the child. This site that I found provides several individual links that all provide strategies and creative ways to teach ELL students. For example I opened up the first link which contained printable handouts, lesson plans, and quizzes. I was really impressed because it contained so worksheets for beginners, intermediate, and advanced ELL students in all subject areas. This is great because it helps meet the student's needs based upon the level they are currently at. Another link was titled learn english kids and it contained stories, songs, and games to help teach children. The only downfall is that it requires flash so you have to download that in order to use this site. Another link was titled teach children ESL-games. This link contained so many games that are a great tool for teachers and students. Games are good to add to lessons because children enjoy them and it makes learning fun for them. This website is a useful tool and I hope you all check it out.

2 comments:

Keith Lorfing said...

I have also had some experience using teachers first. My one teacher made us sign up for it and we received various emails containing current updates and useful information. There are various links contained in this site. Many of them contain games which are helpful to ELL students. In my opinion children learn better with a variety of different techniques and I believe that games are useful for them. There are also links that allow children to learn by creating stories. This is important because it allows children to explore their creativity. There are also various videos that teach children about different topics in various languages. For example they have Spanish, German, French and many more. I feel this site is valuable to all teachers.

Unknown said...

Hey Amanda. I like this site. I actually had some experience with it, in Dr. Rosen's class. There is a lot of information and different activities do with children. It was nice of you to share it with the whole class. :) Good luck to you, and hopefully I will see you around school.

Cara