Friday, June 8, 2007

humorous uno

I was looking online for good websites to help teach children English. I found this one very interesting. I especially enjoy the uno game. The game helps teach words such as on, behind, in, under, by, and in front of. It teaches these words but using silly phrases such as the rabbit is in the toilet so that the children are humored while learning, which will in the end, help them to remember the phrases better. I hope you guys find this wesite as useful as I did.
http://www.reggie.net/teaching/

3 comments:

Danielle Hornacek said...

I though this website had some really great activities. I found the passport activity really cute and interesting for a younger classroom setting. Having activities for students especially ELL helps build interest in learning while making it fun. I feel the best way to learn is to be having fun it what your doing. I can remember from when I was yougner and even today that information is better retained if learned in an exciting way. So, for ELL that are in a very difficult postion already can boost their interest and participation by completing activities that are fun and educating at the same time.

Kathryn Greves said...

I loved the site! I esp. loved the passport activity. I can see myself using this in my own classroom. I would make a unit plan on learning the different cultures of the ELL students in my class. We could make our own passports and pretend to travel around the world getting our passport stamped at differenet places! Exciting!

Malissa Borges said...

What a fun way to help students learn English. Not only are they learning they’re also having fun at the same time. I took a look at the Uno game and I could see my future students enjoying it. It becomes harder and harder as the years pass to keep kids attention. Teachers have to now gather fun and intriguing resources for their students. I will definitely keep this in my bookmarks.