Monday, June 11, 2007

Worldwide Languages and Cultures

After learning so much about ELL, it got me to thinking about all of the languages and cultures that do exist around the world. (There are 6912 languages spoken around the world to be exact!) I researched the internet to find a site that would offer all of us a reliable “go to” database for worldwide languages and cultures and I came up with: http://www.vistawide.com/languages/languages.htm This site offers everything from facts and statistics to 15 language learning resources to where can I learn a language? I was amazed at all the information that I found.
I hope that all of you take the time to look at this site because there is definitely something for everyone, especially for those who want to become educators. The reason being is that Vistawide provides enough pertinent information that enables us to gain a much more thorough understanding of all of the cultures around the world, and if they cannot, they offer other sites to visit that can help us learn even more. This way, if there is ever a student in your class that is an ELL learner, and there most likely will be, you can check out the site for information that can help you better assist them! Go there now!! =)

No comments: