Thursday, June 7, 2007

What an experiece...

So junior field has come and gone much faster than I expected it to. My time spent in the 4th grade classroom I was assigned too has left me with not only great memories but valauble teaching strategies I will take with me as I complete my education and start my career. I hope all of you have gotten to have great experiences during your field placements as well. The main thing that I feel all of us have in common right now is the eye opener to how many ELL there are in our class rooms and the various ways of working with and helping each individual ELL in their own way. Although I have been aware of how difficult it may be to teach English to a non-speaking English student I was not aware of the many different levels and stages that teachers should be considerate of as they work with ELL students. As I have been working on my paper I was intrigued by all the information offered about ELL. I plan to keep this website in my bookmarks for future reference when teaching. I am going to assume that many teachers and student teachers are not full knowledgable on all the ways and tips to help ELL students to become more successful in the classroom based on what I have learned from this class and other teachers and professionals I have discussed the topic with. As future teachers we should enlighten out co-workers, peers, and everyone else around us about the all the resources available to us that will help these students and not just set expectations for them to achieve.

No comments: