Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thank you for a GREAT BLOG

I've been reading all along; visiting the sites you list, and thinking about your experiences, opinions and ideas. I've got to tell you, I'm really impressed with your "work" on this Blog. I started to comment on some of your postings, but have decided that it was too much, and I'm beginning to repeat myself.

"Great idea. Thanks for the info. That's really perceptive of you. Good for you for making the most of a teachable moment. That's brilliant! I wish I thought of that. Good for you! You're going to be a great teacher."

It's almost as if I could take each posting and pick one of the phrases above. Your comments on others' postings are also spot on. Several of you have emailed me to ask if you could continue blogging. My answer: BY ALL MEANS!

Full Disclosure: I'm back in my office to print out your papers. My home computer crashed earlier this week and I'll read those that have been submitted today over the weekend and retrieve the rest probably on Monday morning. I'm also posting this very same entry on both F1 & F3. Both of your classes did a bang-up job!

A few of you had a problem handing the paper in on time, and fulfilling the blog numbers on time. I will accept late stuff, but I'll have to take some points off--it's only fair to those who made a point of doing assignments on schedule.

Now here's the part that I regret: I wish you guys all used your real names. I can't place many of you; three meetings wasn't enough for me to get a handle of you individuals. If this wasn't summer, and this course wasn't one credit, I'd ask you to come get your papers from me in my office so I could have a little chat with each of you. I won't ask you for this; just wanted to let you know how I feel.

Enjoy your summer and travel if you're able to--it's the best learning experience I can think of!

No comments: